A Quick Recap of Game of Thrones Season 7 Episode 4 – The Spoils of War
Game of Thrones Season 7 Episode 4
Quack Review brings a quick recap of episode 4 of the seventh season of Game of Thrones, titled “The Spoils of War”. Read them all. Valar Morghulis!
By Ajinkya Ranade
All fans of the Game of Thrones tuned in this weekend for the newest fourth episode of Game of Thrones. Well, not all, because most had already torrented the leaked episode from the internet. The episode was leaked from Star India, and quickly made its way around the globe. Still, many fans rewatched the episode recently, because of the sheer awesomeness of what had gone down in the episode.
With almost the entire script being leaked recently, fans had some idea of what to expect but didn’t expect it to be this cool. Since we have recovered from the smoking hot scenes of the battle, here are five things which everyone noticed in the recent episode of Game of Thrones:
- Goosebumps: No matter whose side you are on, the battle scenes in this episode were awesome –hands down, the best fighting scenes in all 7 seasons. The large CGI budget surely explained itself when the Dothraki army ran down on the Lannisters who were trying to leave Highgarden, and they defeated them with some help. And by help, I mean a FIRE BREATHING DRAGON, so not much. Dany rode on Drogon and wreaked havoc in the ranks of the Lannister army, and almost killed both Jamie and Bronn during the fight. Drogon was injured as well, but compared to the death of the entire Lannister army, Drogon’s injury was barely a mosquito bite. And then there was the badass scene of Bronn shooting large arrows straight at Drogon and Dany. Not to forget, the wild horde of horses that yelled at the top of their lungs while crushing the army of the Lion. Indeed, one of the best battle scenes ever shot.
- The Mad Queen: Dany claims she wants to be the rightful ruler of the seven kingdoms, but it is highly questionable if the correct way to do so is by burning everything till there is nothing left to rule. From the precap of the next episode, it is clear that Tyrion and Varys both think that Daenerys is becoming the same as her father, the Mad King. While it was great to see the dragons in action, it is still questionable whether Daenerys is still the same person who freed the slaves and put the masters behind bars.
- Stark Reunion: And so Arya is in Winterfell, as is Sansa and Bran. Finally, the legitimate Stark children are reunited in their home town. And they are not at all the same children who left Winterfell a few seasons back. Arya has a sparring match with Brienne, and Bran manages to freak out Petyr Baleish by casually mentioning his “Chaos is a ladder” comment. Compared to those two, Sansa is now the new Rickon Stark. With Jon far away in Dragonstone, the unity of the Stark children is even more important now, if the North is to survive its enemies.
- Jon and Dany: Jon finally manages to convince Daenerys about the threat beyond the wall, as he shows the scriptures and paintings made by the Children of the Forest and the First Men during their battle with White Walkers. However, Dany hasn’t yet fully convinced Jon to bend the knee, and might require help from Tyrion or someone else in order to do so. The ice between them has surely melted, and they seem to trust each other more. Okay, everyone who wants to see Jon hook up with his aunt, come along. We haven’t had enough of incest yet, apparently.
- In balance: This was the first and heaviest defeat the Lannisters have endured after Robert Stark had captured Jamie Lannister way back in season 1. The “secret weapon” against dragons which they had was revealed, and it wasn’t exactly as effective as they thought, for the arrow didn’t stop Drogon from burning down a few more Lannister equipments. With Jamie out cold in the water and his army burnt by fire and chopped down by the Dothraki soldiers, it all lies in balance once again. And with Jon slowly aligning with the Khaleesi, it seems that now we might see Dany on the throne really soon.
We shall be back soon with the next episode. Valar Morghulis!